We are Happy to Announce Trip Dates!
Some for those who can leave on a whim… and some for those who must to plan ahead:
July 9-16, 2020 Xalapa-Tlaxcala: Contrasting & Intertwining Cuisines, Profound Ties
- Anthropologist and Cook Raquel Torres Cerdán will share her vast knowledge of the exquisite, varied foods of Veracruz and…
- the Traditional Cooks of Tlaxcala- Nicolasa Hernández Muñoz, Dalia de Luna, Sánchez Islas Family along with Chef Irad Santacruz will showcase the timeless cuisines of their tiny and historically weighty State of Tlaxcala
- the historical ties of both regions, discussed (Trip repeats with variations, in 2021!)
$3750 7 nights (final night in Mexico City), min# 6 people, max 10.
For more info: click here
July 17-21, 2020 Gourmet Weekend in San Miguel de Allende- Rainy Season Abundance
- The rainy season fills our markets with ingredients and our chefs… with inspiration.
- In beautiful San Miguel de Allende learn and revel with the foods of Chefs Kirsten West and Paco Cárdenas along with meals at both traditional and innovative restaurants. (Trip repeats with variations, in 2021!)
$2900 4 nights, RT ground airport transfer, min# 6 people, max 8.
For more info: click here
September 24-October 1, 2020 Querétaro From Comal to Convent
- A close look at the fascinating array of Querétaro foods: traditional kitchens, convent cuisine, French imposition (or acquisition?)…colonial Mexico has much to share from its complex history and Querétaro is the place to be.
- Anthropologist Raquel Torres Cerdán, Chef Olivia González Mendoza along with local Cooks will open the doors to this little visited region.
$3750 7 nights, min# people TBD, max 10. For more info: click here
October 29- November 2, 2020 Long Mexico City Weekend With Chef Ricardo Muñoz Zurita
- A unique opportunity to hang out for the weekend of Día de los Muertos with our very own -and Mexico’s- leading chef and ‘anthropologist’ of Mexican cuisines. Ricardo will bombard you with local culture, cooking and insight regarding the foods and flowers for our celebration of our dead- not only out and about, but in his home as well.
$4000 4 nights, min# people 6, max 8-10. For more info: click here
⇒⇒⇒JANUARY 17-23, 2021 YUCATÁN IN A NEW LIGHT⇐⇐⇐
Join us as we re-visit the beloved State of Yucatán, with a completely new perspective gastronomically. Ricardo is sharing his most recent investigations into to this region delving into both the traditional and new views on their regional cuisine foods. This trip will truly reflect our new focus and findings!
$ TBD (coming soon) 7 nights, min# people TBD, max 12. For more info: click here
⇒⇒⇒⇒JANUARY 28 – FEBRUARY 4,2021 OAXACA-REVISITED⇐⇐⇐⇐
As in our Yucatán revival, we will be taking you to a completely different side of Oaxaca, un-tapped by others. Again, all based on Chef Ricardo’s latest investigations into the region. Culinary Adventures continues to trail blaze and evolve with our country’s cultural changes!
$ TBD (coming soon) 7 nights, min# people 8, max TBD. For more info: click here
We look forward to again sharing our world though food and people, making a mark upon your soul as only Mexico -unwittingly- knows how.
Carmen Barnard Baca